Friday, February 22, 2013

You can always learn from others...saying I'm Sorry

I would like to thank Ate Mide for the date last friday. I enjoyed our time worshiping the Lord at the concert. and I learn a lot from ate Mide on our way home. may I quote what she said to me, "Our obedience to God is God's message of love and grace to other people..." (I know she will post more about this statement in her own blog.)
Sometimes, it seems tiring, but we will never know when our deeds is an act of grace for other people. Many times(even now) I want to give up,to quit and have things my way. But I can't.
What I admire about ate Mide is her transparency. She told me her shortcomings and she is not afraid to tell her faults. I remember one time she dropped by our house and she tutored me then we end up telling one another's burdens and short commings and then we cried and prayed together.
I even admire her for her open letter to Jun. At the end part of it, she said this,

Goodbye Jun. We will surely miss you. I want you to know that we are sorry we couldn't ease your burden and we weren't there when you experienced your deepest hurts. We never wanted you to have lived a difficult life. It is our hope that you are ready to face our creator now that He has taken you home. We love you.love,
Ate Mide
Wow, she said sorry...SORRY, the word I long to hear. These word is unpopular,yet many people longs to hear others to say it to them. If people would be humble enough to say SORRY, how beautiful this life would be.We all hurt, but saying you're sorry is another story. It is when healing takes place for both parties. Saying you're sorry is not a sign of weakness, but humility...letting yourself to be a catalyst for forgiveness. it does not benefit the other, but you yourself will be changed within. remember it is when we say I"m sorry Lord,I ask you to be the Lord and Saviour of my life", is when change truly takes place,coz Jesus desires a willing and a humble heart. Saying sorry is sometimes humiliating, but it is an act of letting yourself to be open for healing.
I'm sorry for the people i hurt...I hurt too...but I choose to say I'm sorry.
______________________________________________________
check out ate Mide's blog. http://mideramos.blogspot.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...